9 Last Words of The Victims of The Tragic Murder

1. Parrot mimicking murder victim's last words, family says

Getty Images
 A Michigan prosecutor says he'll review a family's claims that a pet parrot may have mimicked a murder victim's last words, but says they could be a flight of fancy.

45-year-old Martin Duram was fatally shot in his home in Sand Lake, about 30 miles north of Grand Rapids, in May of 2015. His wife was also shot but survived, and is now a possible suspect, reports WABC.

Duram's mother Lillian Duram tells the station Bud the bird, the couple's pet, was recorded on video several weeks after the shooting mimicking what appeared to be an argument before saying the words, "Don't [expletive] shoot."

The family believes the grey parrot may be a feathered witness who heard their son's last words before he was shot dead.

Newaygo County Prosecutor Robert Springstead told 48 Hours" Crimesider he's read about the family's claims online, but he hasn't seen the video and can't be sure whether the parrot is mimicking the victim, someone else, or something he heard on TV -- or just squawking about nonsense.

Springstead is reviewing the case and says he expects to make a charging decision in the coming weeks. He couldn't comment as to whether the victim's wife is considered a suspect. He said he'd do his due diligence to find out whether the parrot's words are of use, but he says it's a "long shot."

"I can't imagine a scenario where a parrot is qualified as a witness in a court of law," Springstead said.

If he finds a "good faith basis to make an argument" to include the parrot's words should the case go to trial, he said he would ask a judge to rule. However, he said, hearsay evidence is generally inadmissible in court, "and that comes from people, not animals."

"It's certainly interesting, but there's other information that's certainly more reliable in the police report and investigation," Springstead said.

The station reports Michigan State Police believe Martin Durham was the victim of an attempted murder-suicide, and say his wife shot him before turning the gun on herself. The woman reportedly denies killing her husband.

Suspect in Murder 'Witnessed' By Family Parrot Appears in Court

A Michigan woman accused of gunning down her husband appeared in court Friday, but the only witness to the alleged crime remained behind bars.

A bird cage, to be exact.

The case of Glenna Duram made national news last year when it was revealed that her parrot Bud was the sole witness of the fatal shooting of her 45-year-old husband Martin on May 12, 2015. And remains to be seen if he will sing like a canary during the trial.

"Don't f---ing shoot," Bud could be heard on a video that family members recorded several weeks after the killing — and in which they insisted he was mimicking the couple as they were arguing.

"That bird picks up anything and everything," the victim's mother, Lillian Duram, told Today in June. "He's got the filthiest mouth around."

Duram, who survived what prosecutors believe was a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, is charged with first-degree murder.

Witnesses took the stand as Duram heard evidence against her at the preliminary hearing Friday. One witness said the state of the house suggested a struggle, NBC affiliate WOOD in Grand Rapids reported.

The local prosecutor previously told the station that he has not ruled out putting the African Grey parrot on the stand.

But Bud's current owner told the station the prosecutor believes he has enough evidence against Duram to convict her and won't need to make the caged bird sing.

Still, if the prosecutor puts Bud on the stand — the legal feathers could fly.

"This is unusual," NBC analyst Lisa Bloom said earlier on Today. "We don't often have an animal being called to come in and testify as an eyewitness to a murder."

Duram was her husband's second wife and police said the marriage was strained by financial and gambling problems.

Police, earlier, said Duram left several suicide notes. She denied writing them and is being held without bond at the Newaygo County Jail.

2.  Tupac's Last Words: 'F**k You,' Says First Responder Cop (Report)

Getty Images
Ex-Metro cop Chris Carroll alleges Shakur purposely kept mum about his killers

A new interview with the Las Vegas police officer who was first on the scene when Tupac Shakur was fatally shot outside the MGM Grand in 1996 alleges that the 25-year-old rapper's last words were a kiss-off to the cop. The interview is the centerpiece of a feature written by the officer's cousin and published by Las Vegas alt-weekly Vegas Seven earlier this week.

Chris Carroll, who retired from the Las Vegas Metro Police Department in 2010, was a bike-patrol officer working a night shift on the evening of Sept. 7, when boxer Mike Tyson won a first-round knockout match against Bruce Seldon at the MGM Grand Hotel and after which the gang-related initial skirmish involving Tyson's good friend Shakur and Death Row Records boss Suge Knight broke out.

A few minutes after the fight, after Shakur and Knight had driven away from the scene -- and into the drive-by with the white Cadillac that contained Shakur's killers -- Carroll was the first police officer on the scene, and the one to eventually open the passenger door of Knight's BMW and catch a bleeding Shakur as he fell out of the car. Carroll alleges that instead of naming his murderers, who had shot him four times in the chest, Shakur stuck to his no-snitching mantra to the end:

"So I’m looking at Tupac, and he’s trying to yell back at Suge, and I’m asking him, 'Who shot you? What happened? Who did it?' And he was just kind of ignoring me. He was making eye contact with me here and there, but he’s trying to yell at Suge. And I kept asking over and over, ‘Who did this? Who shot you?’ And he basically kept ignoring me. And then I saw in his face, in his movements, all of a sudden in the snap of a finger, he changed. And he went from struggling to speak, being noncooperative, to an 'I’m at peace' type of thing. Just like that.

"He went from fighting to 'I can’t do it.' And when he made that transition, he looked at me, and he’s looking right in my eyes. And that’s when I looked at him and said one more time, 'Who shot you?'

"He looked at me and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth, and I thought I was actually going to get some cooperation. And then the words came out: 'Fuck you.'

"After that, he started gurgling and slipping out of consciousness. At that point, an ambulance showed up, and he went into unconsciousness."

Carroll goes on to recount how he rode along in the ambulance with the unconscious Shakur, in case he regained consciousness and was able to name his killers -- a dying declaration does not constitute hearsay and is permissible in court -- but says the rapper and actor remained comatose until his death by internal bleeding six days later.

The ex-officer also claimed that, contrary to reports of the case still being investigated, "nothing more is ever going to happen with it," and that Knight, who many believe had something to do with the murder, "had legitimate concern for [Tupac]. It wasn’t acting; you could see it was the heat of the moment. This is not the guy who had him killed; it’s ridiculous."

In the 18 years since Shakur's murder, which is still technically open, the case has been fraught with allegations from reporters of police apathy, in addition to countless conspiracy theories including, most famously, those that claim Shakur is not dead at all, but instead is hiding out in another country. This new report comes just a few weeks before "Holler If Ya Hear Me," the Broadway musical based on Shakur's music, begins previewing at the Palace Theatre in New York on June 2.

3. ‘Please don’t. Stop. I’m scared’: A victim’s last words as two teenage girls beat her to death

Getty Images
Down a sketchy street in northeast England, Angela Wrightson was known as “Alco Ange” — a 39-year-old alcoholic with a bad liver and a small, frail body decorated in homemade tattoos.

By most accounts, she fancied strong cider but, perhaps, craved human contact more — buying friendship from teenagers who wanted her for cigarettes and booze. She invited them into her home on Stephen Street, with its boarded-up houses, lager-stained sidewalks and grimy green dumpster that marked the end of the road in Hartlepool, according to BBC News.

Weeks before Christmas in 2014, Wrightson had a fight with her landlord.

The BBC reported that the man had refused to fund her alcohol addiction. She got upset and hurled her keys at him. He kept them and walked out.

But when he went to return them to her the next morning, the landlord found Wrightson dead — battered, bleeding and nude from the waist down.

Her killers, authorities said, were two of Wrightson’s young friends.

The 15-year-old girls, who cannot be publicly named due to their age, were convicted in Wrightson’s murder earlier this week after authorities said the pair beat her to death with items they found around her house: a shovel, a wooden stick filled with screws, a TV set.

The BBC reported that a mirror was smashed over the woman’s face.

During an hours-long torture session, authorities said, the girls goofed around on social media — posting pictures to Snapchat — and left for a “time out” before they returned to finish the job, according to the Guardian.

Police said in a statement that Wrightson sustained a “significant number of injuries” that resulted from some 25 blows to her face and body.

On Thursday, at Leeds Crown Court in England, the girls were given life sentences with minimum 15-year terms.

“Children, such as you, were attracted by her generosity and took advantage of her,” Henry Globe, the judge, told the girls in court, according to the Guardian. “You would go to her home. She would agree to buy you alcohol and cigarettes. She would let you drink and smoke in her home.

“On occasions, when it was obvious that she was being pestered, neighbors did what they could to scatter those who were congregating at her home. Nobody, though, expected her to come to any harm, still less to be attacked in the manner you killed her.”

In December 2014, the two girls were 13- and 14-year-old “partners in crime,” the younger teen wrote in a note that was read in court, according to the BBC.

The two had known each other since childhood — both had families, but both were in the government’s care, surrounded by a small army of social workers, foster parents and special-education instructors, the BBC reported.

They had recently become close friends, sharing secrets and makeup tips.

They vowed to be with each other “through thick and thin,” the BBC reported.

They shared an affinity for Cheryl Fernandez-Versini’s “I Don’t Care,” singing:

I don’t care
And it feels so f—— good to say I swear
That I don’t care
And everywhere
There are ordinary hearts that don’t play fair
But I don’t care

When the friends went to see Wrightson on Dec. 8, 2014, both girls, authorities said, had been drinking alcohol and wanted her to buy them more.

At one point, Wrightson was seen on surveillance footage at a local shop buying cider. But the girls eventually turned on her, according to reports.

Over the next few hours, the girls posted selfies showing themselves smiling and drinking. In one of the photos, Wrightson was seen in the background, battered.

The Guardian reported that one girl made a call from Facebook, during which one of the friends was heard saying: “Smash her head in. Bray her. F—— kill her.”

During the weeks-long trial, jurors heard how the girls beat Wrightson with household weapons, hurled a coffee table at her, broke a mirror over her and left her to bleed out on her living room couch, according to reports.

According to the BBC, the prosecutor, Nicholas Campbell, told jurors that one of the girls told a friend that Wrightson had pleaded for her life.

“Please don’t. Stop. I’m scared,” Wrightson said, according to Campbell.

But the savage beating continued, the prosecutor said.

“It was an attack that was carried out by the two of you as a pair; this made it a cowardly attack,” Globe, the judge, told them, according to the Guardian. “It was an attack carried out in Angie’s own home. She kindly invited you in; she kindly went out to buy you what you wanted; she kindly let you stay.

“You then abused her hospitality and attacked her again and again, in the very place where a person is supposed to feel safe. It was an attack that included gratuitous degradation.”

After the beating, the girls called police for a ride.

The chilling 911 audio is filled with laughter and profanities as the girls ask officers to fetch them from the freezing cold and take them home.

“I’ve just reported myself missing, me and my friend,” one of the girls said, giggling. “Right, I’ve just rang to let the police know where me and my are at, will you tell me how long they’re going to be? I’m … freezing and there’s loads of divvies walking past.”

The dispatcher scolded the teen for “swearing.”

“Well I’m cold,” the girl replied, laughing again.

After the girls’ conviction this week, Cleveland (England) Police Detective Chief Superintendent Peter McPhillips said in a statement that the motive remained unclear.

“Many questions remain unanswered about the motive for the murder,” he said, “but the family of Angela who have had to endure the most shocking and traumatic details unfolding over the last few weeks will get some satisfaction from knowing that her killers have now been convicted of the killing.”

Elizabeth Yardley, an associate professor of criminology at Birmingham City University, told the BBC that the girls’ behavior — particularly their social media use — seems to show a disregard for the consequences.

“For many young people, social media is a ‘performance of self,'” she told the BBC. “They use it to tell stories about their lives in real time. Young people are generally quite savvy when it comes to what is and isn’t appropriate to post on social media — they know that pictures of illegal activity will have consequences.

“The actions of these girls suggests that they did not care about the consequences, or were simply not thinking about them, as their values about what is right and wrong are significantly off kilter.”

The girls’ attorneys portrayed them as “two deeply troubled children” who got trapped in an unforgivable environment — the older teen admitting in court that she had taken prescription drugs, according to the BBC.

That girl is reported to have a low IQ, between 60 and 70, according to court testimony. Her attorney, Jamie Hill, argued that she did not fully comprehend what it would take to kill someone, the BBC reported.

“Cases like this are often portrayed as good versus evil,” Hill said. “The reality is usually much more complicated than that and here we have two deeply troubled children who found themselves in a sad and unpredictable world which was Angela Wrightson’s refuge.”

The older girl also seemed to struggle with mental-health issues.

The judge said she tried to commit suicide several times during the trial — once in a court bathroom, where she tried to strangle herself with her own hair, according to the Guardian.

John Elvidge, who represented the younger girl, argued her age was a factor.

“She spoke as a child, understood as a child and thought as a child,” he said, according to the BBC. “So when others look for answers to the question as to why this happened, what they should bear in mind, whatever was said and done, it was done by 13-year-old girl.”

Before their convictions, the older girl wrote a letter to her friend.

“Have missed you so much you know. I can’t believe this has happened. I’m proper trashed,” she wrote, according to the BBC. “Whatever happens and however long we get, just keep your chin up bonny lass. I’m thinking of you every step of the way. Do our time, get out and start a new life.

“Wait until we get out, me and you on the sesh again but this time it will be bigger and better, I’m telling you.”

Pausing mid-murder for a selfie: Feral girls aged 13 and 14 who pose for the camera during their slow killing of vulnerable woman were also caught on CCTV returning after 'a break' to finish the job

Two gloating teenage girls posed for a selfie as during their torment of a vulnerable woman who they battered to death in a bloody orgy of violence that shocked Britain.

The girls were just 13 and 14 when they spent nine hours battering frail Angela Wrightson with her few meagre possessions, including a television set, a shovel and a coffee table.

Despite the 39-year-old begging for her life, the pair stopped the assault only to pose for pictures which the younger girl - said to be obsessed with her phone - sent to friends on social network Snapchat with a caption 'Nah xx'.

They were later caught on CCTV after leaving Miss Wrightson's home at around 11pm and returning following a 'break' at 2am to finish the bloody job, and even called police to give them a lift home when again they took a picture and shared it on Snapchat.

The appalling murder sent shockwaves across the nation and raised urgent questions about how we care for our most troubled children as it emerged the pair had absconded from care homes 18 times in the 30 nights before they battered Miss Wrightson to death.
Last night the authorities were accused of being ‘failures’ and the detective who led the inquiry described the murder as the most brutal of his career.
As disturbing details emerged of the killers’ feral lifestyles roaming the streets of Hartlepool, it was revealed that:
  • The girls absconded from care homes 18 times in the 30 nights before the cold-blooded murder but were still free to kill;
  • Police officers drove them home without question at 4am after they left Miss Wrightson dying from her injuries;
  • Faced with a dangerous and uncontrollable teenager, social workers simply told one of the girls to ‘draw pictures’ to calm down;
  • The girls, many of whose relatives were either in prison or addicted to drugs, happily described themselves as ‘partners in crime’;
  • On the day of the attack, the elder girl went to her family home, but her mother told her: ‘F*** off and kill yourself.’
  • Prosecutors said it was ‘hard to imagine’ that two girls of such a young age could be capable of such violence in our society;
  • An independent review is investigating why agencies charged with caring for the girls failed to spot the danger they posed.

Meanwhile, social workers described Girl A - the older of the pair - as the ‘most volatile young person’ they had come across.

At the age of 11, she began taking drugs and got drunk on a regular basis. And on the day of the murder, she was high on strong painkillers given to her by her mother.

The girl survived a childhood devoid of stability or structure. By the time she reached the care system, she had been exposed to savage domestic violence at home.

She watched boyfriends beat her mother. And the 15-year-old would often fly into fits of rage of her own, trashing her care home bedroom and lashing out at family members.

The girl has three siblings but shares a father with just one of them. Asked whether she knew the fathers of her siblings, she replied: ‘They are in jail now, all of them.’

Her violent tempers became so serious that she was given a strategy to cope by her local Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.

Mental health experts said she had a personality disorder and had little understanding of the consequences of her actions. They told her to draw pictures as a way of expressing her anger and calming herself down.

On the day of the attack, Girl A went to her family home, hoping to spend time with her mother. But her mother told her: ‘F*** off and kill yourself.’

Girl B was considered the less aggressive of the pair by a social worker who worked with them, but she is the one who used her smartphone to take chilling pictures of their dying victim.

Girl B, now 15 but who was 13 at the time of the killing, was from a more stable family background than Girl A.
Her father is in full-time work and her parents attended court to support her.

But she ran away from home several times. A photo issued by police when she ran away three years ago shows Girl B looking like an ordinary schoolgirl but she was prone to losing her temper. Her parents could not cope and she was taken into care. Although she is a year younger than her accomplice, many said she was the dominant one. Girl A’s sibling said their relationship was a worry because Girl B had the potential to be a bad influence.

The sibling said: ‘I told Girl B to stop coming to my house as I didn’t think that her and my sister were good together. I was aware they were going missing together and this worried me as I thought my sister was too young to be out at night.’

The girls absconded from their care homes 18 times in the month leading up to the murder, and attempts to keep the girls apart were met with disdain by Girl B, who was determined to stay close to her best friend.

She texted Girl A: ‘We’re not allowed no contact with each other? Who’s not allowed no contact with each other? LMFAOOO [Laugh my f*****g a*** off, off, off]. We will be with each other through thick and thin. F*****g crank man, just cos you are my little partner in crime. Putting me out of town, thinking that we still won’t get in touch with each other and s***. Hahaha. Well, I can’t wait to see you when I’m down. Get f*****g mortal!! Love you, Gorgeous Girl!!!!’

Girl B was fixated on her smartphone. In the days before the murder she begged her foster carers for a new phone and was given one.

She used the phone throughout the attack on Angela Wrightson to take pictures, send messages to friends and play pop music on YouTube.

A social worker said Girl B’s mother was ‘proactive’ in trying to discipline and control her, but she had problems with authority figures and became angry when discussing her care arrangements.

4.  'I don't want to die': Harrowing last words of 15-year-old Karen Perez captured on cell phone video 'recorded by boyfriend as he raped and strangled her then stuffed her body under a sink'

Getty Images
A 15-year-old high school student said 'I don't want to die' as her teenage boyfriend allegedly raped her and then strangled her to death on camera.

Karen Perez's body was then stuffed under the kitchen sink inside an abandoned apartment in a Houston, Texas, complex.
Her boyfriend, who is also 15, has been charged with murder after police say they found the horrifying footage on his cell phone.

The teenager, whose identity has not been made public, faced a judge for the first time on Wednesday and is now behind bars.

Surveillance video from a taqueria nearby the school shows her walking into the restaurant followed by two young men - one of them is believed to be her boyfriend. 

The youngster had met up with the pair after the boyfriend asked her to skip school.

They were seen walking hand-in-hand followed by the other man. Perez was not heard from again after she left the restaurant.

Police arrested the juvenile suspect on Tuesday and later charged him with her murder.

According to KTRK, police said they found a video of a black screen on his phone. They couldn't see anything, but they could hear the suspect calling the victim by name.

Prosecutors then said she is then heard begging for her life as he strangles her.  

The teen's family was told of the discovery of her body Monday night.

Her aunt, Maria Perez, said the complex where her body was found needs to be torn down.

'Everybody knows that when they skip (school), they come here to this property, and it's so dangerous and I can't believe nobody has (done anything about it),' she told KTRK 

The teen girl was in the ninth-grade at South Houston High School.

Several students from the school have taken to social media to offer their condolences.

A Twitter user named Suzette wrote: 'Prayers go out to the family and loved ones of Karen Perez during this difficult time.'

'Gonna (sic) miss you a lot baby girl.. See you in the after life R.I.P. Karen Perez,' a Twitter user named Mariel wrote. 

Another person on the site named Alexx wrote: 'R.I.P Karen Perez. You'll Be Truely (sic) Missed.'
South Houston Police are asking anyone with information to please call the department at 713-944-1910.

5. Murdered Melbourne backpacker’s final words to her dad

Getty Images
Elly Warren was in Mozambique pursuing her passion for marine biology and underwater conservation. Her body has been found in a toilet block – she was allegedly raped and murdered.

The 20-year-old woman from Mordialloc in Melbourne had been spending time on a diving trip with a tour group operating in the southern African nation called Africa Underwater days.

She had booked two nights at the Wuyani Pariango backpackers hostel in Tofo Beach, a place which was described online as having a "pumping nightlife" – she never got to spend a night there as her body was found on Wednesday.

Her grieving father, Paul Warren told 7 News of his daughter's chilling last words before she jetted off to Africa.

"She even told me: 'It's dangerous dad, I don't know if I should be going over there’,” he said.

"And I said to her: 'Yes it is, very dangerous'."

Ms Warren had been at a party with friends on Wednesday and for some reason left on her own and this was when she was attacked.

She was due to return to Melbourne on Monday where she was meeting up with her boyfriend to go off to New Zealand.

Ms Warren's family are urging the Australian Federal Police to travel to Mozambique to ensure there is a proper investigation.

“I hope they catch them,” Mr Warren said adding his daughter was “a treasure” who everybody loved.

They are traveling to Mozambique to bring home her body.

Her sister Kristy Warren has shared the news of her family’s tragic loss on Facebook. “My sister was in Africa whilst my mum got a phone call from one of the backpackers saying to her that her daughter has been murdered," she wrote.

"As I heard that my heart dropped. It is a parent's nightmare to get a phone call like this.

"Elly was always ambitious and had so many goals to go traveling, but maybe she had too many."

Kristy warned others travelling overseas to take caution for their safety.

"I want to say if you are thinking of going travelling or going overseas please be careful and (mindful of) who you go with.”

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesperson told 7 News that consular assistance would be provided to the victim's family, but due to privacy obligations, were unable to provide further information.

6. Central NY man, acquitted of murder, confesses on Facebook 

Getty Images
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - Alfred "Merc" Thomas took to Facebook to make a bold proclamation three weeks after a Syracuse jury acquitted him of murder in 2014.

He did it, Thomas admitted.

Four months later, Thomas went so far as to make a video of the crime scene and post it on Facebook. In it, he says his convicted co-defendant was innocent.

"I did that. Me and another black male," Thomas said in the video, according to court papers.

When friends warned him to delete the confessions before police took screenshots of them, Thomas showed his legal acuity. He posted a photo of the New York state double jeopardy law, which prohibits someone from being prosecuted twice for the same crime.

"(N-word), I beat this!" Thomas wrote on Facebook, according to court papers. "SO GET OFF MY (expletive). I DID DAT."

The FBI and federal prosecutors took notice. They got a search warrant for Thomas' Facebook account and used the posts against him on a pending charge of being a felon in possession of ammunition in 2012.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Richard Southwick told a judge in March that the admissions to murder are evidence that Thomas is a danger to the community.

"Believing that his acquittal in state court shielded him from any further prosecution, the defendant now tells the world, 'Yes, I did it,'" Southwick said in court in March, according to a transcript.

Southwick told U.S. Magistrate Judge David Peebles that he was not offering the Facebook posts as proof that Thomas was legally responsible for Martin Paulk's murder. The prosecutor acknowledged Thomas "may well be right" that he can't be charged with Paulk's murder again.

Thomas' lawyer, George Hildebrandt, said in court that the Facebook posts were just bravado. No one would actually confess to a crime he was acquitted of, unless he "put a lot of stock in movies like 'Witness for the Prosecution' or 'Double Jeopardy,'" Hildebrandt said.

Peebles granted Southwick's request to keep Thomas in jail pending the federal charges. The judge cited Thomas' admissions on Facebook as the most convincing evidence that he would present a danger if he were set free.

Thomas, 31, of Rome, is scheduled to go to trial in January.

Hildebrandt said this week that Thomas likely made the Facebook comments in an attempt to help his co-defendant, George "Cito" Colon.

A jury convicted Colon of murder Sept. 3, 2014, in the fatal shooting of Paulk eight months earlier on the city's North Side. As he lay dying, Paulk told police that "Cito" had shot him.

A witness saw two men shoot Paulk to death, but the jury acquitted Thomas.

A month after the verdict, Thomas wrote on Facebook again in response to a story on Syracuse.com about Colon's sentencing, court papers said.

"Ma work stay makin da news," the post said, according to court papers.

Thomas boasted on Facebook again in July 2015, in response to a Syracuse.com story about 10 people being shot in a violent July 4 weekend: "10 shootins in 1 day n nobody dies, that's how u no I'm not involved."

All the Facebook posts have since been deleted.

 7.  Burn Them Alive: Nirbhaya's Last Words

Getty Images
Her cries for help went unheeded as the six people, including a juvenile, tortured her for an hour, took turns to rape her, bit her, hit her with an iron rod, shoved it inside her and even used hands to tear her inner organs out, the gang rape victim said in her last testimony.

In her four-page statement in Hindi to the magistrate five days after the barbaric attack on her, the 23-year-old paramedical trainee, who was admitted to a city hospital in a critical condition, pleaded with the authorities to "burn them alive".

The statement, which is available with IANS and forms part of the 1,000-page charge sheet submitted by the police to the court, clearly states how the young woman was brutally tortured for an hour in a moving bus and how she fainted a couple of times, but was beaten back to consciousness to undergo more unspeakable indignities.

The charge sheet also has a handwritten statement of the victim, which has barely 20 words scribbled by her in her semi-conscious state. It was written Dec 25. The girl mentions the rod used against her in the note.
A Delhi court Tuesday convicted four men for the Dec 16, 2012, gang rape and murder.

IANS has reproduced the last words of the woman who died 13 days after her gang rape - minus some of the graphic and numbing details that she revealed to a woman magistrate of Delhi.

"I was returning after watching 'Life of Pi' from Select City mall in Saket. We took an auto from there and reached Munirka. Here we saw a white coloured bus. The conductor of the bus was announcing that the bus was going to Palam and Dwarka. As I had to go to that side, my friend and I boarded the bus. We gave Rs.20 as ticket.

"When I entered the bus, I saw six to seven people sitting. I thought they are all passengers. I sat in the front seat. The bus had yellow curtains and red seats. The windows were closed and had tinted glass panes. I could see from inside, but no one could see from outside.

"After settling in, I looked again at my co-passengers and got little suspicious. But by that time I had already paid the money and the bus had started.

"Five minutes after boarding the bus, the conductor closed the bus gates and switched off the lights. One of the persons then came to my friend and started abusing him.

"While three-four held him, the rest dragged me to the back seat of the bus. They tore off my clothes and then took turns to rape me. They hit me with the rod and bit me.

"Before this, they had snatched the wallet and mobile of my friend.

"Six of them raped me by turns. While one of them shoved the rod inside, another one used his hand to tear my organs out.

"The torture continued for one hour in the moving bus. They took turns driving the bus and raping me.
"From their appearance they looked like drivers and their helpers. I was losing consciousness, but they hit me repeatedly to wake me up.

"My friend tried to save me. But he was also badly beaten up with the rod. He also lost consciousness. They then stripped us and believing that we are dead, threw us out of the moving bus.

"We were both without clothes on the street. A passer-by called the police.

"They should be hanged so that such an incident does not happen with another woman. They should be burned alive," the young woman, who died Dec 29 at a hospital in Singapore where she was flown by the government after a national outcry and massive protests, said in the statement.

The answer was to the magistrate's question on what punishments the accused deserved from the court. 

8. Stabbed California teen screams ex-boyfriend’s name before dying in front of mother

Getty Images
California police are hunting for the ex-boyfriend of a teenager who was stabbed to death in the middle of the night, deeming him a suspect after the dying 16-year-old girl used her last words to scream his name.

Elena Moore staggered into her mother’s bedroom inside their Los Angeles-area home early Friday, bleeding from her chest and shouting “Rory” — the first name of a 17-year-old boy she broke up with just two weeks before — authorities said.

“She was yelling and screaming his name. It's horrible,” Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Eddie Hernandez said. "Can you imagine waking up to the screams of your daughter at 3:15 in the morning and this happens? It's unthinkable."

The teen’s chilling final words prompted investigators to name Rory Murga a top suspect in the case. Police are still looking for the teen.

Two photographs of Murga were released following a 12-hour search. One photo showed him with short green hair, the other with longer black hair and light brown bangs.

It’s unclear how Murga got into the home in the quiet neighborhood in Pico Rivera, about 10 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles. Investigators are still figuring out if Moore let her killer in, or if the attacker broke in.

Officials said the stabbing happened downstairs in the home around 3:15 a.m. Friday.

Moore was able to run upstairs to her mother before collapsing, Hernandez said. The stabber fled, leaving a kitchen knife at the scene, while Moore died in front of her mom.

Moore — who was known as Lily to her friends and classmates — dated Murga for a year until she ended the relationship two weeks ago, Hernandez said.

The slain teen’s home was encircled Friday afternoon with crime-scene tape, and sheriff's investigators were seen taking bloodhounds inside to help them search for the killer. The middle-class block is just down the street from a church and several schools.

A neighbor, 60-year-old David Arias, said she saw Moore and Murga hanging out around the blook from time to time.

"They seemed happy and lovey dovey," he said. "Always hugging and kissing."

9. 'They Tasing Me': Walter Scott's Mother Tells Jurors in Cop's Murder Trial About Son's Last Words, Collapses

Getty Images
On the first day of the murder trial of former South Carolina cop Michael Slager, the mother of victim Walter L. Scott dramatically told jurors about the last words she exchanged with her son in the moments before Slager shot and killed him.

Slager, 34, who is white, faces 30 years to life in prison if he's convicted in the April 4, 2015, shooting death of Scott, 50, an unarmed black man who was fleeing a traffic stop in North Charleston.

The shooting, which was caught on video by a bystander's cellphone, was one of a series of confrontations between white police officers and black subjects that fueled national protests against alleged police bias in the last two years.

Scott's mother, Judy Scott, collapsed after her emotional testimony Thursday, crying and screaming "Hallelujah!"

Scott told the jury — of 11 white men and women and one black man — that she and her grandson were on their way to get the young boy's eyeglasses repaired when she got a phone call from her son.

"He didn't sound very good at all," Scott said. "He sounded in distress."

Scott said she could hear another man's voice in the background, yelling, "Get on the ground and put your hands behind your back."

Referring to her son by his middle name, Lamar, Scott said her son told her: "They Tasing me." Then, beginning to sob, she said, "I heard him groaning like he was in excruciating pain a couple of times."

"I say, 'Lamar, just, just do whatever he say,'" Scott testified. "I told him, 'You know North Charleston policemen, so just do whatever they say."

That was the last she ever heard from her son, Scott said. Her grandson took the phone from her before she could hear the gunshots that killed Walter Scott, she said.

Jurors also heard from Pierre Fulton, a co-worker who was riding with Scott when their car was pulled over for a broken brake light.

Asked why Scott tried to run away, Fulton said: "That's a question I would like to ask him. Unfortunately, I can't. He was murdered."

Fulton said Scott gave Slager his license and stepped out of the car but was told to get back in again and complied. "The next thing you know, he was out the door," Fulton said.

Jurors were also shown the dashboard camera video of Scott bolting from his car after Slager went to his cruiser to check Scott's driver's license.

Slager's attorneys have contended that Scott tried to wrestle Slager's Taser away from him, leading to the shooting. But prosecutors argued in opening statements that while Slager might have been provoked, that didn't justify shooting Scott in the back as he was running away.

"If Walter Scott had not resisted arrest, he wouldn't have been shot," 9th Circuit Solicitor Scarlett Wilson said. "He paid the extreme consequence for his conduct. He lost his life for his foolishness."

Slager's attorney, Andy Savage, signaled that he would build his case on findings that a significant amount of Scott's DNA was discovered on Slager's Taser — which he said would prove that Scott attacked Slager first.

Savage painted Scott as a deadbeat who didn't pay his child support, contending that Scott ran away because he knew he was resisting arrest.

"That was his lifestyle — making $55,000 a year [and] he chose not to pay his obligations," Savage said. "Why did he run? Why did he choose not to respect the request to stay where he was?"

Attorneys for Scott's family said in a brief news conference after court recessed that they were confident that justice would be done, and they called on the community to remain peaceful during and after the trial.

They took no questions, but Scott's youngest brother, Rodney Scott, made a short statement saying the family were praying that "we will get justice."

"That's all we have to say," Rodney Scott said.

Slager remains free on bond during the trial, which resumes Friday.

Solicitor issues statement on state's Slager re-trial set for March

The prosecutor in the state case against a former North Charleston police officer facing a murder charge in the shooting of a motorist says she will be ready for trial whenever the court calls.

The state re-trial of Michael Slager is set for March 1. Slager is charged in the April 4, 2015 death of Walter Scott, who fled a traffic stop.

Earlier this month, a judge declared a mistrial in the former North Charleston police officer's first state trial after the jury could not reach a unanimous decision. The jury heard from 55 witnesses over a five week period and deliberated for a record of more than 24 hours over four days.

Solicitor Scarlett Wilson issued the following statement Friday:

As I’ve said consistently, we will be ready for trial whenever the court calls.  Certainly, after meeting with several jurors we are reinvigorated and ready to move forward.  The Scott family is anxious for justice, as are we.  That said, the elements to the federal charges in the Slager case are a bit simpler than the state charges so I was pleased that the feds eventually indicted.  I had hoped they would be able to bring a speedier trial but scheduling can get complicated.  Judge Norton has been quite sensible and considerate and I am appreciative of all his efforts.

Slager also faces federal charges of violating Scott's rights under the color of law, lying to investigators and using a firearm in a violent crime. The federal trial will is scheduled to begin on May 1. He would face up to life in prison if convicted on the civil rights count.

Slager has maintained he and Scott wound up in a scuffle during which Scott grabbed Slager's Taser, forcing Slager to use deadly force.

0 Response to "9 Last Words of The Victims of The Tragic Murder"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel